Monday, December 17, 2012

Confessions of an Art Noob

  Let's start form the start, I used to be a kid who loved to draw - I was good at it too, or so I thought, but like most kids I stopped by the time I was a teen. Why, you might wonder. Well simply because I couldn't put on paper what I saw in my head. Everything came out wonky and crooked so like most other people I got annoyed and called it quits.
  I'm not a kid anymore though, not a teen, I still can't draw but I want to learn. The idea never really left my head and then one day when browsing trough youtube I stumbled upon a How To Draw video. The artist who made it said something very important to me. He said "Before I started drawing this I looked at many pictures to see what this really looks like". What this meant was - he did't know how to draw it too, but unlike me instead of simply winging it and quiting after failing miserably, he simply looked it up. 
  This for me was the missing link. I now know what I need to do! This blog for me has too purposes - it's my shield against the big bad monster called procrastination but it is also my how-not-to-do-it tutorial. I'm going to post all the drawings I make - the good and more often the bad. I'm going to write down where I got the idea, what technique I used, how well I did what corrections I got, what new information I discovered. I'm going to show people all the mistakes that I make so that they don't have to.
This is a blog by an art noob trying to figure things out.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment