Monday, December 24, 2012

Murder on the Dance Floor




This, essentially, is part two of Y U SO MAD? . The inspiration came from two different places. The first one was the angry teddy bear. Seeing him all beaten up an tattered I couldn't help but wonder, who did this to him. Was it for the same reason the boy looked so bored? After thinking that I also remembered a comment from a coworker when he saw me drawing the teddy bear. He asked me why do all my characters look sad, why no happy ones? And there was my second inspiration. Because what if the one who beat Teddy was a Bunny. And what if Teddy lost a fight that would explain the bad mood, but also it would mean that whoever won is happy. And so I decided to go with contrast - I had a sad annoyed looking boy so I drew a happy girl. I had an angry beat up bear do I drew a cute murderous bunny. It all makes sense to me! I decided to add one more contrast and that was color. This is the first time I'm using it here and the reason for it was contrast. I needed it to show the happy feeling in the second pic. All in all I like this it's just my style - cute but creepy.

Don't let Bunny scare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment